Ode to Emma

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I'd like to take a minute to share our little bundle of joy Emma with you.

She is officially 15 years old this month!!! She was born in a hay loft in a barn in Kansas. Our youngest decided she was hers when she was just a little girl. Our youngest climbed the latter to the loft, barefoot wearing PJs and carried baby Emma down. Emma has lived with us ever since.

Emma is a good cat. she is healthy as a horse. We had her in to the vet for a physical and had them run an entire blood panel on her. Came back with absolutely no health issues at all. Vet commented he had never seen such an old cat so healthy. She is like the energizer bunny! She keeps going and going.

She loves her food and likes to lay around in the sun with the occasional love here and there. She is a good girl our Emma, which is good because the vet said we could have another 10 years with her!!!

Here she is. Our good Emma cat :)

DSCN4986.JPG
DSCN4984.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Emma is a lovely cat! She looks just like the cat my grandma had, named Cat. Or Kitty for short.

It took me a minute, but I think she's sitting on a glass topped table, right? Either that or she's a magical floating cat!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Emma is a lovely cat! She looks just like the cat my grandma had, named Cat. Or Kitty for short.

It took me a minute, but I think she's sitting on a glass topped table, right? Either that or she's a magical floating cat!

Yes she is on a glass table LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My sylvester purrbody lived to be 19 years old and was born in my parents garage in PA and that was when my parents were moving to PA and the other kittens were all dead, so there momma left them ,so we brought him home .He loved to play with my chihuahua Bandit and our ferret Princess

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well isn't Emma just the prettiest cat. I'm sure you will get many more wonderful years with her. She is beautiful.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice looking cat your Emma. My 2 are getting up there at almost 13. We take them camping w/ us and they behave quite well except w/each other. They despise one another and they are sisters but I think I've mentioned that before. Silly cats!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Nice looking cat your Emma. My 2 are getting up there at almost 13. We take them camping w/ us and they behave quite well except w/each other. They despise one another and they are sisters but I think I've mentioned that before. Silly cats!

The post made me laugh! You take them camping!!!??? I love it!!!

When my Siamese was a little kitten I took him everywhere with me like a dog. We'ed go to the local pet food store and he liked to ride on my shoulder while I pushed the cart up and down isles. He'd sit on my lap while I drove with his paws on the drivers side window seal looking out the window at the cars.

Life changed a little and he stopped going places with me all the time. Now he gets very upset if you make him leave the house :(

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Awww, your Siamese kitty just got older and like us humans do eventually we like our digs and nobody's gonna drag us out except kicking and screaming to that old folks home.

Yep here are my girls under a tree in our campsite:

Spooky
IMG_4288.JPG

and Boo
IMG_4169.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
As cat people ourselves we know of your love for Emma, we used to have three in our happy catty family but sadly Suki sucuumed to agressive mouth cancer last year :( aged eight however we are used to big cat family's and are on the look out to add to our family soon.(y) :cool:

Dave;)

Ask a Question