Ok what are the rules for pump priming again?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hi everyone,

I just got my bottom drain pump back from getting repairs and I can't keep the basket primed it keeps running out of the water in the basket and then crawls to a stop.

The same for my bead filter when I try to clean it.

There are no leaks I can find.

Ideas?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
External pumps are terrible at pulling water. Two possibilities. 1 get a check fave so when the pump goes off water can't flow back to the pond.i.
2 install a hose bib to one of or the main draw line. That way you can have the pump basket fill of water when you start the pump. And the hose is. Dumping water in the suction pipe . You will also need a double female short section of hose . Depoot carries it .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
I do have a check valve.
External pumps are terrible at pulling water. Two possibilities. 1 get a check fave so when the pump goes off water can't flow back to the pond.i.
2 install a hose bib to one of or the main draw line. That way you can have the pump basket fill of water when you start the pump. And the hose is. Dumping water in the suction pipe . You will also need a double female short section of hose . Depoot carries it .
thanks very much. It took a double shot of priming but I finally got it back!

Ask a Question