Pump sounding bad. thoughts?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Hi Folks,

I've had this sequence pump for about 6 years, rebuilt by the company with new bearings back in 2021. The pressure is far lower than normal, it seems to be leaking a small amount of water and making a noise that sounds like worn bearings to me.

#1 is this sound the bearings going out again?

#2 can it be rebuilt a second time?

Any other ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

I have turned it off of course.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Bearings would be my suspect as well , i have had my performance pro1 hp 12,000 k 6 years now sounds as strong as the day i got it. never needed anything.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Bearings would be my suspect as well , i have had my performance pro1 hp 12,000 k 6 years now sounds as strong as the day i got it. never needed anything.

I guess my only question is if its worth it or possible to keep replacing the bearings. A new pump would be 820 bucks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yes. Sounds like bearings to me. Very standard pump repair. If you don't want to do it yourself, you can probably find a local electric motor shop to do it for you. Imagine it would be $50-100.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Yes. Sounds like bearings to me. Very standard pump repair. If you don't want to do it yourself, you can probably find a local electric motor shop to do it for you. Imagine it would be $50-100.
I'm fairly handy but to be honest since its worth 820 bucks now I've sent it back to sequence to fix it

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
That is a bummer, seems like new bearings should have lasted more than a couple of years.

Ask a Question