addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are getting solar for our house. The electric company is required to have xx houses on alternative power per federal mandate. The electric company is working with a solar company that is installing the system for free. The solar company has backers i.e large corporations that invest for the tax break. They install and maintain for free for 20 years. Our electric bill might drop to 5 bucks a month and if we use less then the system generates we get a yearly pay back from the electric company. The power is not sent back to the electric company, the meter runs backwards. It is a self contained system.

We are in the process of getting the approvals, permits etc.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I looked into those rental solar companies where they maintain and they get the government kick back .But not sure how good there are .The one they have if you use less goes to your neighbors to save them money .I wonder if Danville utilities has that .I will have to check into it

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The ones this company puts up serve only your house, no feed back into the electric company or the grid. The meter spins backwards if you use less than what the panels supply.

Reaction score
I'm with mgmine, I'd tear apart everything I see there. It's a terrible pond build and likely hasn't been running for good reason. (n) The only thing I see there that may have any value are the (two) pumps, they might still be good so hang on to them. If you decide you want to build a proper pond later they may come in handy.
A well built pond can be a thing of beauty and a real source of enjoyment, a poorly built pond can be nightmare and a lot of unnecessary stress. In my opinion you have the latter there. Tear it apart!
Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but I'm just trying to save you from future headaches.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know that I would never attach them to my roof .Besides voiding your warranty you cannot clean them or brush snow off them and friends had them and they needed a new roof and the cost was over the top and they had the grid put on a frame on the ground and then of all things they got hail damage for the 4th time since they were installed 6 years ago .Insurance would not cover the damage .That is why I am on the fence about them

Ask a Question