one of my fish is hurt

Mif

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was right about the death. it died from the infection just last night. I should ask my dad if we can go to the nearest fishing shop and get everything checked out with a water drop test, but for now I have the temperature. on the surface it was 11 degrees and the fish wouldn't be happy if I stuck my hand in to get the below water temperature. I took this at 10 AM.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Don't worry about the fish getting upset over you checking the water temperature. They'll get over it.
Water temperature is important. Air temperature is not for now.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Goldfish injury, scraped off a few scales - One of my large goldfish got caught in a wire mesh and in freeing itself it lost a couple of scales. Should I be concerned about this? So far I do not notice anything particular about the fish's behavoir, and there are no abrasions. just three or four scales flaked off in the incident. Can this make the fish prone to a disease? Should I add anything into the water as a preventative? It's about a 450 gallon pond with 6 larger goldfish (5 to 8 inch) and 13 (2 to 3 inch young that hatched in there last year). (total of 19 fish).

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question