Ontario, Canada - Thinking of installing a small, kiddie pool pond in my backyard as a "frog pond".

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Performs can be fairly sturdy compared to the blue kiddy pools. I have used those the last e years to hold extra lilies, they don't last more than a few months. Been lucky that my 75 gallon preform with lotus has held up for years- until today when hubby slipped raking leaves and put his foot thru it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Performs can be fairly sturdy compared to the blue kiddy pools. I have used those the last e years to hold extra lilies, they don't last more than a few months. Been lucky that my 75 gallon preform with lotus has held up for years- until today when hubby slipped raking leaves and put his foot thru it.
you mean, you DIDN'T get the type that is foot-proof? tsk tsk tsk...gots ta read dem labels, missy!!! :D:D

stm.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hmmmm wondering if that little twirly guy is foot proof
download.gif
ever see how we play polo on a Harley ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hmmmm wondering if that little twirly guy is foot proofView attachment 144790 ever see how we play polo on a Harley ?
hmm, methinks I'm being gauntleted again, hey? Ever see how far a harley gets with pokey holes in the tires?? Makin' me smile over here, big guy!!

I'm quick,
I'm swift--
I can't be caught;
you're nicked,
have whiffed--
and now yer taught!

st1.gif
st1o.gif
smt1.gif
smt2b.gif
stp.gif
ssa.gif

Attachments

• stp.gif
    stp.gif
    22.3 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
All"s good lol.
But the answer to your question it's as far as lead can fly. I may love the battle axe but there's a point in time it gets put on the museum shelf.
I feel like I pissed off the 7 dwarfs. But even they didn't do pirouette but they didn't carry sharp took picks either. Or are those Arias needles.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
All"s good lol.
But the answer to your question it's as far as lead can fly. I may love the battle axe but there's a point in time it gets put on the museum shelf.
I feel like I pissed off the 7 dwarfs. But even they didn't do pirouette but they didn't carry sharp took picks either. Or are those Arias needles.
Yikes!! Gauntleted again for sure!! Okay, Hogmaster, in harley parlance, 'it's ON'; just gotta finish up something else my lil pointy can do first...taking like forever at 60 frames, sheesh! What's that saying from Wizard of Oz; 'I'll get you my pretty!' and you can add some maniacal laughter on your own...

stm2.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Trust me you got the evil grin . Wife says I'm good at it. Matter of fact so did @combatwombat saying I was the little red dude sitting on the shoulder.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Trust me you got the evil grin . Wife says I'm good at it. Matter of fact so did @combatwombat saying I was the little red dude sitting on the shoulder.
he was just delirious from inhaling all them Barney fumes; gotta screen anything he says since then, so....

stm.gif

Reaction score
Country
United States
Those are cheap, "disposable" kid pools. They will crack in winter.

A liner is best.

You don't need special walls or ladders, as long as the plants are left in year round. The frogs n toads will use them to get out.

The critters will leave for winter. A deicer will keep it open and lessen how thick the ice gets.

You'll have frogs, toads, snails and eventually fish without doing anything except making it a nice home choice.

Toads and leopardfrog, greenfrog and such aren't picky. But if you want tree frogs, you'll need high, covered places, outside of the pond and inside of it. They come in high and leave high. Without it, they'll only show up by accident.

Ask a Question