Packing tape isn't the same as Springflow media

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Oops, the title is meant to say packing straps, not packing tape, but I don't seem to be able to change the title.

I posted something on Springflow media and packing straps on another thread but I can't find it again so I'm starting a new one.

Anyways... I had been thinking that packing straps is the same as the Springflow type media so I got some packing straps that I had and prepared to put it in my new biofilter by folding it tightly, but when I started to crease them and drill holes in them, the skin of it broke and I found that the insides of the pack straps are basically paper or compressed cardboard. Here's a pic of it:

th_470447704_media_122_75lo.jpg

So my cheap packing strap is just paper. I definitely will not be using this in my biofilter because paper is organic and will dissolve over time. Can anyone who has the Springflow media confirm it isn't just pressed cardboard with a skin over it?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thats because they are using recycled stuff to make alot of things like that to save them money and also get green .You will se that in a lot of stuff you buy these days .It is made to bio degrade to save the earth

Reaction score
I have a couple rolls of the Springflow stuff John, and about the only difference between most strapping material I've come across and the SpringFlow "strapping" is that the SpringFlow is smaller and thinner, making it easier to bend up into "springy" curls. Most strapping is pretty stiff and would be hard to get it to bend and curl like the SpringFlow media, of course I'm sure it's just a mater of locating some standard strapping the same size as the SpringFlow material.
Here is a picture I have posted before in another thread.
The SpringFlow is green, and the regular strapping is yellow.
gallery_3859_189_59303.jpg

Ask a Question