sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
but true or the dump amazed at what people throw away when there is goodwill or habitat and yes I shop at both .I am retired not rich ;)

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
oh btw I know my boss really well since its a family business, me and another nice lady are just not in the family but are treated as if we were, couldn't ask for a better nursery to work at, that's how I got the vacation though. Guess he understood the whole "going to see family" thing. Plus I work 7 to 6 which to me is gr8 long hours, BREAK TIME!

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
ill have to double check my birth certificate
Yea it says 2001?
goodwill or habitat
I was never a goodwill guy, and ive never heard of habitat. Goodwill to me is nice for certain things (like if go to look for fish tanks that someone gave up) but I really only go there to drop off old shoes, shirts, etc clothing.
Wonder if someone has ever gave them their clothing, then bought it back later on when it was shelved... illuminati

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
habitat for humanity builds homes for people .Plus they recycle donations and sell them in the store so they can build more affordable homes for low income .I have donated lots to goodwill and supported the work they do in giving people a chance at jobs .I am far from rich but I did pay forward by buying a house for people and they pay me back 200 dollars a month no interest .I think that may be why I started the pond to learn and help other people

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Then you are adding ammonia which needs to be done on a regular basis until the bacterial colony is established, correct?

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Then you are adding ammonia which needs to be done on a regular basis until the bacterial colony is established, correct?
Yes Sir!
ive done this plenty of times so no need to try to school me here thanks though:)

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I think that may be why I started the pond to learn and help other people
That is a terrific reason, to start a pond. May people who look over this comment years to come, read that specific part and think about it for a second. (y)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I cannot tell you how many ponds I have taken out for realtors and mostly preformed .Saved the fish and gave them away after they were healthy enough and helped people with sick fish and get to the dream pond they hoped for .I don't make a penny for it I just like to see the smile on peoples faces ..saying is The smile is the light in the window that lets people know you are at home .So I smile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The front door on my country home always bothered me. There was nothing wrong with it just wrong style for house. The house was empty for over 10 years and need much more important things. When I got to replace the door, I put the old one at end of my driveway. I hung a free sign on it and went back to the city. That weekend I found a note in my mailbox asking if by any chance I still had the key to the deadbolt. I called and said not only the deadbolt but had key to original craftsman lock. A young couple showed up they bought their first house and had little money. One of the things their house really needed was a new front door. I made new friends that day.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The front door on my country home always bothered me. There was nothing wrong with it just wrong style for house. The house was empty for over 10 years and need much more important things. When I got to replace the door, I put the old one at end of my driveway. I hung a free sign on it and went back to the city. That weekend I found a note in my mailbox asking if by any chance I still had the key to the deadbolt. I called and said not only the deadbolt but had key to original craftsman lock. A young couple showed up they bought their first house and had little money. One of the things their house really needed was a new front door. I made new friends that day.

Great story, Nyboy!

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
geese! all these nice and touchy story's are making me feel as if I should do a good deed today... hmm.... what to do?...

Ask a Question