Parents.....

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
So I keep telling my mom "wait for goldfish until this aquaponics system is cycled" shes like "yea yea ok, I will I swear honey LOVE YOU"
and im like "ok seems everything will be fine, ill come back from vacation this month and they will have thriving fish in a thriving aquaponics system"

then I go to sit down outside just now with my mom and stepdad and all the sudden my stepdad says
"hey while your out go get some goldfish"

Instantly my heart just turns black and im peeved off and a burning fire inside my brain... I instantly want to flip 4 tables.
Mom then says "ok"

I then say "I guess the cycling talk bullet didn't hit the target?"

Then mom says " BACK IN THE OLD DAYS we didn't even have to cycle ponds or tanks"

then in my mind I flip 28 tables and in my head I say "YOU IDIOT THATS BECAUSE BACK IN THE OLD DAYS, THAT RESEARCH WAS NOT DONE"

but in reality I say "back in the old days, you didn't know cycling was a word or what ammonia was"

Then stepdad steps in and says "I don't give a rats *** if I have to buy fish every day for this damn aqu(sutters)opanucs system, im getting fish"

then I say "alright well since you all know exactly what your talking about, and the guy who has come in 3rd place in aquascaping championships and has basically no tank care that needs to be done is obviously completely wrong, ill just go inside and leave you all to it"

So then im here....
Rant.
There biggest retort to me 24/7 when I tell them they are doing something wrong (no I do not say it like that) is "you know everything don't you" then the next day I give them proof and evidence I was correct and then they say "yea I know"
rage.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh dear and the same goes when we tell our children something and they don't listen either .I have been there 2 sons and told them over and over again and tried to guide them and then they still make the mistake and when it goes wrong .I just sigh and walk away .It is always 2 way street and someone always try to drive on the wrong side .My sons are now older and know ,mom was right .1 was born in 74 and the other one was born in 86 .We all live and learn .;)They at least raised you as a good person right :)

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh Mitch...that was funny...
lau.gif

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I should write a book called
The struggles of a teenager... By Nate B.
LOL
I consider myself a very abnormal teenager, I have never owned a phone in my life and im 16, my family offered me one but I denied it as I do not need one, nowadays compared to 1978 phones are a device (this is now) on which you can play games on and talk to other people Randomly on the internet, and so you can post your entire life on social media so people can practically stalk you. way back when (@sissy can you confirm this) im pretty sure that phones where, if not uncommon already, were used to strictly make "calls"
I also have only "owned" a television once and it was when I was 8, I go to holiday inn now when my mom ships out for a break from the husband, and I watch the tv on there, its horrible. Seriously wth do people watch?...
I again, consider myself as someone who lives a very awkward life nowadays, heck I may as well be Amish if it wasn't for this laptop lol (in a good way) I always notice the little things in life and learn a new lesson every day, people who are in the common life (I hate using that word as it can expand on a pretty large undefined scale) usually do not notice, the little things.

The little things (series) by Nate B.
lmao im dying :p

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Compare this google search for "WHAT IS A FLIP PHONE"
here is a modern 'flip phone'
upload_2017-5-26_13-43-53.jpeg

compared to an older more generic version
upload_2017-5-26_13-44-7.jpeg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
grew up on an organic farm but do have a cell phone but for emergencies only and half the time I forget to charge it .Great emergency phone HUH .We got a tv when I was a child but I was already 14 years old and n time to watch it .Did like Lucille Ball show .I go on facebook only to check on family and tv I like real shows like history channel shows and DIY shows .I have never even texted someone and not sure I would know how too .:)Can't even figure pic taking on it

Ask a Question