Patriot Pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Has anyone purchased supplies from here? The applicator gun and 3 24 oz cans of foam, plus cleaner, seems like a decent price. Just wondering if anyone has used it and liked it. (Don't know if price shows on screen shot or not -- $115.)

Otherwise, is all waterfall foam created equal? Brands you like? Brands to avoid?

Attachments

• waterfall foam.png
    waterfall foam.png
    93 KB · Views: 226
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'd have to agree. I just did mine with Rockin' Foam (Easy Pro, I think) and it took 1.5 cans to do two waterfalls (I have a waterfall into an intermediate pool, then another fall into the actual pond. The applicator straw worked fine and I did cut it back once and reapply 20 minutes later. I'm not sure I could do it days later, but a bit later was fine. That stuff is $25/can.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Gee, that looks like a lot of stuff. I don't have a waterfall, so really no opinion on what you'd need, but it does look like overkill for one pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Well, I am sort of the Overkill Queen. I watched all the Pond Digger videos, and he uses a lot. Not just for waterfall, but to secure rocks throughout the pond, and to hold little pebbles in place like grout, and to sort of caulk around the coping stones and lining to prevent dirt from getting in there and wicking water out via capillary action. He said he used about 3 cans on his 8 x 10 pond.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
You sound as if you speak from experience! LOL!
I will -- and thanks for the tip! :)

I go through about four cases of AquaScape Pond and Waterfall foam per season, and about 8 cans of cleaner.

Waterfall foam is messy and hard to get off of your skin. Disposable latex gloves are a must. Foam should be applied in layers, allowing the lowest layer to nearly cure before adding additional foam (should it be necessary). Foam cures from the outside-in, not from the inside-out. Excess foam can be cut with a serrated knife for a more natural appearance.

Keep in mind when using foam that its expansion factor is quite high.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I go through about four cases of AquaScape Pond and Waterfall foam per season, and about 8 cans of cleaner.

Waterfall foam is messy and hard to get off of your skin. Disposable latex gloves are a must. Foam should be applied in layers, allowing the lowest layer to nearly cure before adding additional foam (should it be necessary). Foam cures from the outside-in, not from the inside-out. Excess foam can be cut with a serrated knife for a more natural appearance.

Keep in mind when using foam that its expansion factor is quite high.
This is all great information! Thanks so much!

Have you watched the Pond Digger videos? I ask, because he discusses many of the tips you mention here. One of the interesting ideas he shared was using foam as a base for small pebbles in between larger stones. He said the same thing about letting the foam set up -- otherwise the weight of the stones will just knock the poofy uncured foam right through the hole.

I am looking forward to using it -- and I'm sure it is MUCH harder than it looks. I will need to do some non-pond practice runs till I get used to how it works.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Oh, yes!!! And wear clothes that you don't mind getting rid of.......
HA! Those are ALL my yard work clothes. My outdoor work outfits are unspeakably awful. I have a friend who is always cute and coordinated, no matter what she is doing. If I'm exercising or doing outdoor work... let's just say it's not attractive!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
HA! Those are ALL my yard work clothes. My outdoor work outfits are unspeakably awful. I have a friend who is always cute and coordinated, no matter what she is doing. If I'm exercising or doing outdoor work... let's just say it's not attractive!
I suffer from your malady, I'm afraid!

Reaction score
Country
United States

Oh, mine are awful also....and I have 20 chickens along with the pond to take care of so I'm not going out there in good clothes. I usually wear flowered garden clogs with striped socks and a coat 2 sizes to large that closes with a bag clip. I am so happy to live in the woods where neighbors can't see my get-ups!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Oh, mine are awful also....and I have 20 chickens along with the pond to take care of so I'm not going out there in good clothes. I usually wear flowered garden clogs with striped socks and a coat 2 sizes to large that closes with a bag clip. I am so happy to live in the woods where neighbors can't see my get-ups!

LOL! I'm usually out in the front yard for all to see. There is a "new" neighbor across the street who I STILL haven't chatted with. And he has been here for YEARS! The only time I ever see him is when I am nasty, covered in red clay and bug spray, and smelling like a goat! I just wave enthusiastically from across the street! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
So back to the foam... is all waterfall foam pretty much the same? I think I will order that bundle if so.

Ask a Question