j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good for you on all the blooms..................I only have one blooming right now but they will pick up and next year they will have the larger tubers so looking forward to more blooms then :D

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I see them w/ their bright dk pink blooms there! I saved one of mine for myself and gave all the rest away and then addy gave me some w/ the different colors so I'll have a variety once they start taking hold :banana:

Reaction score
I have been so thrilled with my lilies this year. REALLY reaffirms my decision to spend the time and money on a lily pond when I redid my Koi pond. I figured that I would like it because I liked it so much last year. Honestly, I'm enjoying the lily pond as much or more than the Koi pond.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol guy, my pond is covered with lilies, there is room for the goldfish though, my colorado had 10 blooms on it today. They are so rewarding in their colors and smells.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
addy your waterlilies smell good? Is it just that certain kind cuz I never noticed mine having a smell.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
addy your waterlilies smell good? Is it just that certain kind cuz I never noticed mine having a smell.

oh yes they smell wonderful, I sniff the flowers as I groom them. Some are sweeter than the others, I would need to sniff and remember which smell the best, I just inhale when out there.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'll have to check mine out when they are all blooming and see if any of them smell good. And glad that you admit to inhaling............Bill Clinton didn't!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'll have to check mine out when they are all blooming and see if any of them smell good. And glad that you admit to inhaling............Bill Clinton didn't!

lol it is a heady experience!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat! We are cloudy and raining most of mine are staying shut

edit: just went and looked (been canning tomatoes today) and it is still raining. I count 29 opening, big pond and probably toooooo many lilies lol

I am trying a few tropicals, they will need to be babied over winter, The one from last winter has nice green leaves but no flowers yet.

Ask a Question