Picked up some beautiful koi and made new friends.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sweet looking fish, Butterfly Koi are my favorites.
Thank you mine too and there are a few in there now that I think will be gorgeous.
No to the salt, you put too much and it will effect your plants. Which is the backbone of your filtration system for the pond.
Right - no salt in the pond.
Gorgeous fish! You really got blessed with that find!
That settles it no to the salt. Disrupting the ecosystem is the last thing I want to do.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nice looking fish and the main reason I give things away from my pond .Great way to get to know people and make new friends

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Beautiful fish and what a deal on finding them first! Neat your neighbors can still visit them now. I've always been partial to the white ones w/the long flowing fins and they show up so nice in the pond!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Spend the money my good man, add that stress coat take it from someone who has kept fish for many years. you just gave a shock to your system with all those fish at once. I know I would have probably done the same after all I have about 25 in the pond now. As hard as it may be to do I would extremely limit the amount of food you give them. that will allow the pond a chance to catch up to the bio load. stress coat is for removing chlorines as it's main draw but it also helps to boost the slime coat on the fish and if your system does go into shock. the fish will have a better protection from lesser water quality and parasites.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How big is that yellow butterfly if it is what I think it is and size you just scored a four hundred dollar fish at absolute minimum
Thank you. Yah she is a beauty, she is about sixteen inches in the body. Definitely a head turner and our favorite.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Spend the money my good man, add that stress coat take it from someone who has kept fish for many years. you just gave a shock to your system with all those fish at once. I know I would have probably done the same after all I have about 25 in the pond now. As hard as it may be to do I would extremely limit the amount of food you give them. that will allow the pond a chance to catch up to the bio load. stress coat is for removing chlorines as it's main draw but it also helps to boost the slime coat on the fish and if your system does go into shock. the fish will have a better protection from lesser water quality and parasites.
Great advice we picked some up today. I got a 24oz bottle of it they only had one but it will treat up to 3300g. I will pick up another bottle tonight when we take my sister in law home.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great advice we picked some up today. I got a 24oz bottle of it they only had one but it will treat up to 3300g. I will pick up another bottle tonight when we take my sister in law home.
Good luck

Ask a Question