pics today

minnowman

minnowman
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Shane, the fish are Paradise Gouramis.
T mann, Sorry I missed your question. We have 2 ponds in the greenhouse, 9'x10'x3' deep for Koi ,and 10'x16'x3' deep for plants and goldfish, and two deck ponds 16'x20'x2' deep and 20'x20'x1.5' deep with plants and Gouramis. I also have several tanks in the minnow greenhouse for seedlings.

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
What kind of passion vine is that?" Do you remember where you purchased it? I looked everywhere for one this summer but no luck.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Very nice green house, much nicer and bigger than the one I built. Does it get too hot in summer? How do you control bugs? I used ladybugs and just got rid of plants that were too bug infested. I also keep green house cool in winter so bugs don't get out of hand. I now mostly have succulents and I use it only in the winter, as even with the big drop down windows and door, it can get too hot for most plants. Do you have to air condition it in summer? Just love to sit inside my little homemade greenhouse when it is freezing like now, minus 8 F right now I think. :)

Attachments

• IMAG1823.jpg
    IMAG1823.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 217
  • IMAG1729.jpg
    IMAG1729.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 229
  • IMAG1607-1.jpg
    IMAG1607-1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 215
  • IMAG1606.jpg
    IMAG1606.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 262

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Colleen, your cute greenhouse, it's like a visit to the tropics in the middle of Siberia
xmassmiley16.gif

Correction it is like a visit to the dessert as you have lots of Cactus type plants and even blooming ones
xmassmiley23.gif

minnowman

minnowman
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
The greenhouse has a row of vent windows at the top. The walls are screened all year and covered with plastic during the Winter. It does get uncomfortably hot on warm days in the Winter, so we open some of the windows and a vent in the door. In the Summer with all the windows open and the side plastic gone, the temp is the same as outside. The 5000 or so gallons of pond water helps buffer the temp. swings somewhat. Your greenhouse is beautiful and a lot more colorful than ours.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Let me try and see if I can load a pic. I did clear my history after Ian did a tweak on the forum yesterday so maybe that helps.

IMG_4782.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hey haro if bunnies can lay eggs for easter then they sure can swim like fish too .Just think shark ears above the water :cheerful:

Ask a Question