Piping through EPDM liner.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm working on my first water feature. A pondless waterfall. The liner is .45 EPDM Rubber. I am running one and a half inch flexible PVC pipe. I would like to go through the liner a few inches below the water level. What is the preferred method for accomplishing this?
Thanks for your help on the other post in selecting the correct piping.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
As Meyer stated, a bulkhead fitting is the way to go.

To expand on this, I would strongly advise using a small piece of cement board behind the liner, and then drilling through the cement board with a hole saw, then installing your bulkhead fitting.

In this way, the bulkhead fitting (which I assume will be below ground), will be stabilized in the liner rather than simply "flopping" around.

JMHO, but I'm stickin' to it.
58017_3.jpg

Reaction score
I would also put some silicone between the liner and the bulkhead. In addition I would fill the pond, let it sit for a day then drain it below where you want to make the hole. This will allow things to settle and there will be less chance of the liner stretching.

Ask a Question