Planning out a Pond for a future house

Reaction score
Country
Australia
In 15-20 years I'll have enough saved up to get a house built. I'd like to add in a water garden. Once I manage to get my Scanner set up I can post some schematics to see if you think the design is alright, in terms of plant placements and stuff. I know it's a pretty far away date but at least I'll have everything planned out, and I'll be able to alter it and have everything ready. In 3-5 I can get the land, so I could even slowly work on it while saving up for the actual house part. I am completely new to owning ponds, however, I do have experience with fish tanks. It would only be a small pond, with a couple of smaller ones next to it, and two water pots sunken into the ground for smaller water plants. I hope I can put a few flowering plants around the pond, too, and a bench. I want the pond shaped like a heart with a light pinkish pebble shore, while the area around the pond would have dark grey/black stones. So far I've only chosen one plant type, a Hibiscus, to put in the corner about a meter away from the pond. It's be right near a window for a company room (Sorta like a coffee room/dining room/study combo thing for guests), but I can move it if needed.

Edit: Yeah, I figured my old Scanner just wouldn't work on here. Ugh. Need to buy a new modern one. So, can't post my little base drawing of how I want the pond until Friday at least. ;-;

Last edited:

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
welcomeb.gif

I hope I'm still around to see it come to fruition. ;)

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well I've already drawn it up, it's a heart shaped one with a couple of teardrop shaped 'wings' and then some plants around, a bench, and a big flat rock. The biggest plant will be a Hibiscus in the back corner near the bench. >_> My Scanner is seriously too old for my computer to run... Really says a lot since I only updated my computer in October and could use that scanner on my old XP computer. It's that old. XD

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group!

If you have a smart phone take a picture of the drawing, you can log into the forum via the phone, or send the photo to your computer via email. Save the photo on your computer and upload it from there.
Or just take a camera picture and load the photo to the forum.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Sadly, I have a fliptop. It doesn't even have a cable to link to the computer. >_> As for cameras, I can't get my Go Pro to connect to my computer using a Micro USB cable, don't have a mini HDMI cable to try, and no SD reader of any kind, let alone micro, so no camera pics either... And on top of that? I misplaced the drawing somewhere. -_- At least tomorrow I get the new Scanner/Printer combo.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
lol I can totally hear you about the excitement of planning :X3: I planed for my now pond when I didn't even had a plan to buy a new house lol. BUT even though I planned it, I ended up didn't use the planned one because the new house has different layout and I just had to improvised. One can dream and imagine. Make several in different scenario. I look at other people pond and then I had different idea all the time! You should do it on the drawing book so you have them all together when you need them!

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just setting up the printer now! =D It's amazing, when you print stuff it swings out a little arm automatically to catch the paper! It's black and blue, same as my computer. <3

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well it says to post the URL so I put the link to the uploaded image there. I can't find the thing to attach directly from my computer.

Ask a Question