Planning out a Pond for a future house

Reaction score
Country
Australia
FOUND IT

Edit: I clicked Upload a File, selected the picture, but I can't see it. What am I doing wrong? Autism effects how well I deal with computers. A lot. It's one of the areas where it's like a mental block stops me from retaining information or understanding.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Pond Design 1.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah you got it!
I like the look you are making for your back yard. Are you thinking of having fish in the pond? If so make it as big as you can, if not big at least deep to give them water room.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've got a fish tank. No fish in the pond. There may, however, be turtles. If there's turtles they'd eat any and all fish. Also it'd mean tiny fence required.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Actually no, the turtle would eat the plants too, nevermind. Maybe ducks. They'd go well with my chickens.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I loved my pond fishless and love it with fish, whatever tickles you is what you should build. I would just do like Nepen said and if you can, build it so if you ever want to add fish, you have the depth to do it.
(y)

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The worst has to be Canada Geese (no offense Canadians), but the amount of :poop: they put out is tremendous. I have seen small ponds and those drainage ditches you see at large office building complexes look like polluted cesspools. Our local School District has fake predators on the playing fields and a sound system that blurts out predator noises and goose distress noises just trying to keep them off the fields.
canada-geese-removal-1030x686.jpg

Ask a Question