Plans for new pond underway

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I Placed aquablox sides laying flat on the bootomoff to each side of the main drain then i used a larger side panel again laying flat and sitting on top of the side panel then i covered the bottom of the pond with mainly 3/4" river rock and then some 1-2-and 3" for caracter . There is some filtering going on there but mainly just hiding the drain. i also planted some foxglove that seemed to tangle up anything large that was heading for the drain . The line then goes to the strainer basket to the pump and then out to the bog to the bottom and into the centipede and snorkel . i am not concerned with fines the centipede should handle any heavy suspended debris . i droped a trash pump down the bottom of the snorkel just to see how much had built up in the bottom as i left the snorkel a good foot and a half lower the where the centipede joins the snorkel as a trap for those solids and when i turned on the pump i had some very dirty water for about 30 seconds.... on trash pump was 3000 gph

I did see aquascape on a rec pond use a false bottom and push clean water up from the bottom being filtered water there was no sediment to trap waste and the bacteria would thrive in the gravel

Last edited:

Ask a Question