Plant Pond Progress

Reaction score
These groups of babies were the first tiny ones I have bought through ebay, but have gotten other fish that way. Again, crap for variety locally. I am however an ebay-a-holic for both buying and selling misc items. Looked at the fish for years and was too afraid to do it... then said what the heck, would try it... Have had some minor issues with NDK but they were willing to work out the problems. With these babies, there were a few must culls (deformed), and a few who looked like they had a rough ride in shipping (arrived alive but were iffy) ... wrote the seller. offered to send him pics, and told him I thought a $20 refund would be fair... nice note back (didnt need pics), and the requested refund was already sent. Of the iffy fish, only lost one tiny guy (1.5" standard fin) and the rest bounced right back... Have only had them here a few days shy of a month, and all have grown atleast an inch.

I wish we could keep most of them, but the reality is we know we wouldnt be a great home for soooo many. One of the smaller ponds hubby is putting in this spring will be specifically for growing out the babies we decide to sit on. Sure as heck dont want to be trying to catch them in a bigger pond with fish we already have/are keeping LOL. Hubby still has some not too kind words for Shadow and Pumpkin (comets who got back into the kio only pond)... it was a project catching and relocating all the shubunkins and comets... he wasnt pleased that they figured out how to ride the waterfall back to the main pond LOL.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes the odd goldish always leaks out threw the water ways. I have the koi in the top two ponds, which flow down to the bottom pond which is suposed to be for goldfish only, I even have a screen at the water gate that flows down stream, but they sometimes manage to do strange things and slip thru if they are small enough. Now I just try to keep the koi out of the goldfish pond. :)

Reaction score
If you look at this pic... look behind the waterfall... the row of rocks wasnt to hold back the water hyacinths... there was plenty of gravel there, but the fish just slipped across it... so he put the row of rocks in LOL... No more of Pumpkin and Shadows siblings made it past that LOL.

Attachments

• bogfalls.jpg
    bogfalls.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 255

Ask a Question