plant stands

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a 4,000 gal pond with straight sides and no shelves. I have 3 koi's and I want to put some plants in the pond. I have tried the crates all talk about but I had one get caught in the holes of the crate and lucky enough I got the koi out without being hurt. Three ago before I had my pond, I saw a pond that had many plants in the pond but they were on plant stands and the koi couldn't get into them. Do they make them anymore and if so anyone know where or the name of them.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I don't know how tall you need your plant stand to be, but one of the pond stores around here made plant stands that looked like plastic shelving (like the picture below). I have also seen were planting pouches are made that can be hung over the side of the pond. Maybe that would work?
upload_2016-8-18_7-35-39.jpeg

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Was just going to suggest this, but I too was wondering on the depth.

Middle shelf would be kinda useless though, wouldn't it?

I guess you could put your ponding books on the middle shelf, or maybe a small aquarium?

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Sure, you could just cut out the centre of the middle shelf with a jigsaw to maintain the rigidity of the structure........
...................... but then the books and the aquarium would fall through to the lower shelf.:whistle:

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Do a search in the forum for PVC plant stands. There are several threads that have ideas with photos.
I was able to get some of the 10' black tables that walmart & kmart use for their plants. They work great but any pvc will float if not weighed down.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I've used floating plant nets in the past, with great success....but this year twice a koi jumped into one!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I have built stands out of pvc and fittings. You can make them as tall or short as you want and pvc is cheep.

Not a pond plant stand, but same idea. You can get creative and make them however you want.
b8103fabb135b31e5bebfa497074bee8.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a small plastic table in my pond that I use to put my pump on but I'm sure you could use it for plants and the fish can hide underneath without the worry of getting stuck. I had to put a flat stone on top of it to keep it in the water and to hide it.

74d74259-1f81-4d6b-aa85-3f3e462437d0_1.f28a7c1d2b8987d212b125bc7ca2cc75.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks everyone I found the underwater plant stands at Aqua art, but at $40 a stand I think I will try and make one out of pvc and see what I can do

Ask a Question