Pond bog issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Newbie here!

I’ve got a pond with a bog filter system.
Over night the pond water levels drop rapidly
When the pump and power is on and refill.

The moment I turn the pump off, the bog and pond levels are fine it seems to be only when the power/ pump is on

I’ve checked everything from leaks etc and can’t locate any I’ve emptied the bog and liner is fine
Any advice or ideas as to why this may be Happening as it is becoming the Bane of my life!

Thanks in advance

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

The pond level only drops at night, because that is when you are only running the pump?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
sunwelcome-1.gif
@Gman112
Could there be a leak in the bog somewhere?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sounds like a leak in either the 1) spillway/return from bog to pond or the plumbing. Post some photos of your pond/bog/pump/plumbing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
80 % OF LEAKS ARE DO TO THE WATERFALLS. If your plumbing connections and pipe are not leaking then it's the spillway are or the sides of bob may be too low or that there is a fold in the liner that may activate only when the water level raises.

what type of hose are you using for plumbing if it's kink free it maybe that stuff as it is less than the best

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I dont quite understand what your saying either.
Are you losing water or is it just being displaced into the bog when the pump is running?
It's kind of a funny thing. You can run your pump which will take water from your pond to fill the bog. This will make your pond level lower. Then you turn off the pump and the water drains back to the pond, filling it back up. Is this what us happening? Or do you actually have a leak somewhere?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
You should be running your pump 24/7/365.
If it's just a displacement problem and not a leak, just top off the pond. But if you turn off the pump, it will drain back and the pond will overflow. Again, unless there is actually a leak. Then you have to track it down.

Ask a Question