pond clarity

Reaction score
I liked my pond better when I first filled it and add the fish, I could see them. Since I added a couple plants with clay cat litter in the pots my water is cloudy. I know the fish messed with one and clouds of clay floated from the pot but I didn't think it would cloud up the whole pond.

I changed out part of the water but it is still really cloudy. ph and all that is fine, well, alkalinity is on the low side but that wouldn't make the water cloudy. Funny that I had better water clarity with my little pump and fountain head in a filter box.

Pics before and after adding pots.

Attachments

• 100_4487int.jpg
    100_4487int.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 100_4500int.jpg
    100_4500int.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 302

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
it will clear up as the filter picks it all up all else fails use the quilt batting in your filter it will pick up the fine stuff

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
found that the kitty litter will do that when disturbed and not a big deal it will just buffer the water some

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep it clouds the water for awhile but no biggy, it will go away. I just put a bunch in my pond today and the oyster shells too. Finally got a day w/o rain and I was out from morning till evening doing everything from mowing to planting. So if I'm not around much is cuz I'm taking advantage of every sunshiny moment :lol:

Reaction score
Thanks sissy and j.w. Rain does slow you down but it is nice to get fresh water in the pond. The rain this week has kept the temps down but now that it is getting sunny again we may see 90 degrees in the next few days.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And everything will grow like crazy nova, same thing happening here, rain today then warm..........well just 80's here.

Reaction score
yes, including algae. I noticed algae is starting to grow on my new waterfall. I hate to have to rocks covered up, they are so nice looking.

I don't even want to think about my grass growing.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you have goldfish put peroxide in a spray bottle when sun is on pond turn off waterfall for an hour spray waterfall rocks with it leave it sit for that hour use toilet bowl brush new one to scrub the rocks clean what you can off and then start back up your waterfall .I do it with my neighbors every 2 or 3 weeks and it helps keep her water clear and clean and rocks look great

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
peroxice works great for killing algae, kept my waterfall in arizona nice and clean.

Have not been able to mow darn grass, too wet, over a foot high now. But better than the dry of last year. It was horrible.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
geeze 8 sherriffs cars 4 unmarked cars 1 copter what is going on down the road from my house ,they are all going over to Jody's house .Know he's a little wacky but something big going on not sure

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Only excitement around here in deadsville is my hubby was driving down our road (private culdesac) coming home yesterday and some woman was walking her dogs. He pulled over and asked her if she was going to clean up after them and she looked at him and said F.U
She said her grandmother used to own all this property once and told us to keep our dogs off of her mothers property (we don't have dogs and hubby told her so..........she said F.U again).
Lovely................:)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I can see spot lights over there now and the only thing between his house and mine is the wooded area ,Jody has always been nice to me but kinda weird too .He usually waves high and stops when he see me down by the road working .He usually jokes around about me always being out on my property working in my yard

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok so it's dark where you live right now...........must be about 3 hours difference from here. It's 7pm and still sunny here. Hope nobody was hurt or killed :)

Ask a Question