sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thats the box I have plus I have the double one but since there they have to be hard wired I would guess they have hard wire boxes better than the one used before .

Reaction score
Thanks Stroppy, but with the pump that keeps cutting out, im no longer sure if its the power outlet or the pump.

I was considering getting a fish mate pump, which i think takes a standard plug, just to see if that does the job correctly.

Im also going to have to get a profesional in to see what they think of the direct wiring as there does not seem to be a circuit breaker, just a plug in the garage that turns everything on. And with the power outlet outside looking a bit rusty, and not knowing much on the electrical system or direct wiring I really need to figure something out.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
good luck and hope it does not cost you a lot but at least it will ease your mind remember safety first as the first time can be a shocker .literally

Reaction score
Sissy & Shdwdrgn

I have found something like you have shown me

image_80142.jpg

Its the Blagdon powersafe range, made for ponds and other garden bits. I would have to check the filter can be switched to a plug setting though.

Shdwdrgn I will double check the depth is correct, but I can lean over grab plant baskets and the filter with ease, so maybe 1 and half ft at the most?!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
same thing but you know I like the color too pretty besides the grey and black ones we get here and I've never seen it on a stake here you use a mounting block or like mine is mounted to my front porch 6x6 post as my pond is below the porch .Just have make sure the stake is secure and does not get knocked over or broken .Knowing me I would trip over it and fall in the pond:LOL::regular_waving_emot:LOL::LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
ferrara said:
Shdwdrgn I will double check the depth is correct, but I can lean over grab plant baskets and the filter with ease, so maybe 1 and half ft at the most?!

If your pond is using a pre-formed plastic liner, then 18 inches is pretty standard. Mine are 18" deep in the middle, with 9" shelves around the sides.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ferrara said:
Sissy & Shdwdrgn

I have found something like you have shown me

Its the Blagdon powersafe range, made for ponds and other garden bits. I would have to check the filter can be switched to a plug setting though.

That is a good thing to have! will keep you from getting shocked if something goes wrong with the electrical. It will trip it, and I see a reset button. Great thing to use.

Nice looking pond too.

We had problems with an outlet that kept popping the circuit, that could easily be one of your problems like they all say above.

Both of my pumps are plug in. The one that will run the stream we are going to have it on a timer , run just certain times and be able to turn off completely when we are out of town. That way no chance of blockage empty pond syndrome from the stream overflowing.

Ask a Question