Pond filter

Reaction score
Hi can anyone advise me I've put some green slate pebbles on avwaterfall I've built on the pond altho I rinsed the stone I now have a cloudy pond I've got an hozelock easyclear 3000 filter but this doesn't seem to be clearing the silt away the foam filters seem as if they are letting the silt threw would putting Some fine cloth or something in between the filters help clear my pond of will it harm my filter

Reaction score
Give it some time and it will settle to the bottom, then you can suck it up with a shop-vac or a siphon. I had the same issue when I built my pond. I rinsed and rinsed the stones I used, still had a cloudy pond....

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Is this a new pond? does it have fish? Do you have plants? Are you planning on adding anything else?
If it is new and doesn't have fish, Do as much decorating and getting your plants as you can. Once your are pretty happy. drain the pond, clean it and get ready to start the pond for fish. This gets all the stuff you have like that out before you start. If you have fish already in the pond, best thing to do is leave it and let it settle and filter on it's own. Be patient, this could take some time until the filter gets started and going good before it clears all the way up.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You can get some quilt batting and place it where water will run through it. It collects fine dirt nicely. Just rinse out and keep using it.

Ask a Question