pond filter

fishrich

Rich
Reaction score
Hi GLC, dont have any info for the filter. I dont use a air pump with the filter, have never sufferd from low oxygen levels. Have one just in case. I pre sieve before the filter which helps. adding oxygen and removing large particles. I dont realy think the filter is that great, vortexes dont alway work well and need the corret flow rate. As this filter is 3 large vortexes theres not alot of space for media. The brushes did help in stopping some the particles just going strait through the first chamber into the second. The main bulk of fittering must be done in the first and second chamber to stop any bio media in the last clogging up. To wash out a chamber you do have to empty that chamber fully to clean off the bottom, thats alot of water- but i suppose that helps with water changes. I recon there is 150lt per chamber, thats without going out to measure it.
Ta Rich

Ask a Question