addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh just get that tractor going and dig another one @addy1 ! What's a little pain anyways? It just proves that you are still alive. Honey will help you :)
lol Dear honey says the ponds are mine! He would help by watching.......................

I finally groomed them today, fish nibbling on my legs, neat little critters swimming around, saw one fry, sure there are more.

Ungroomed.......
IMG_0044.JPG

groomed

IMG_0085.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Blooming in my deck pond
IMG_0154[1].JPG
IMG_0153[1].JPG
Big pond
IMG_0129[1].JPG

Lotus tub
I have never had five open at one time, of course on the day we leave.............
IMG_0150[1].JPG
IMG_0148[1].JPG

yard lily
IMG_0143[1].JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No one told the lilies they should slow down in this heat! They seemed to enjoy the deer snacking on them and kicking them out of their pots.

IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0230.JPG
IMG_0231.JPG
IMG_0233.JPG

The butterflies love the cone flowers.
IMG_0217.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG
IMG_0220.JPG

This lily survived the doe snacking
IMG_0225.JPG

the bees are inhaling water to cool the hives, they love the algae filled no fish, small ponds.
IMG_0232.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, Addy, the photos are gorgeous! My lilies, again this year, are terrible. No clue what is wrong. They are barely growing and no large leaves except maybe one or two plants. They are all blooming, but small blooms, and long time between blooms. I did find that several of my lilies were in pots, with no dirt any more. Wonder if that is the problem, no nutrients from the kitty litter clay? I tried putting fertilizer in them again a couple of weeks ago, will see if that helps. Should have brought the kitty litter to the pond edge and pulled all the pots and repotted them, I guess. But, I've had 2 weekends in a row to be gone. Will work on it when I'm back home and have more time again.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are in full bloom like that every day, a flower dies another takes its place. I have a few test bare roots, they are doing nothing great, small leaves no flowers.

I did add kitty litter this year to a lot of them, did add osmocote under the plants and did remove excess older tubers and dead roots. Usually when I groom them hard they take their time to take off. This year they are blooming like crazy.

I have only taken dead leaves and buds off them once so far. I need to wade in again and remove some more.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OK, the small leaves, not many flowers sounds exactly what I have going on here. So sounds like since I never pulled the pots in the spring to divide them and clean them up, that's probably where the problem lies. Need to refresh their "dirt" and get fresh osmocote in there, too. Probably too late this year, but I'll probably do it before the end of summer, so they will be ready for next year, add more osmocote in the spring, too. Thanks!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
No pictures of them dancing in your pond? :)

Ask a Question