pond in progress started 4/21/10

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
And you claim you are retired ;)you sure about that .:)
Always feeding the bees driving downto florida to rehab another property moderating here. if thats retirement ill stick to 6 / 12 hour days at work and get paid for it

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Was not picking on you, Your pond alone says you are hardly the couch potato type, I have known few ladies who would even think about taking on a build like you did with a pond let alone all your ponds. My hat off to you.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Was not picking on you, Your pond alone says you are hardly the couch potato type, I have known few ladies who would even think about taking on a build like you did with a pond let alone all your ponds. My hat off to you.
I know, never saw it as picking on me. I have always been this way. Sissy has me beat though!

I get restless if sitting too long, the only thing that can anchor me is a real good book. Age is slowing me down a bit, like it does for most.
We actually paid a worker to do some of the fix me up stuff we had to do for the rentals we wanted to sell.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
life and living it is what keeps you young .Do what you enjoy and it is never work .I enjoy seeing the fruits of my labor and helping my neighbors who get a little confused by projects get it done makes me happy .Like Addy says it is harder as you get older but you learn to pace yourself and still get it done .The houses I owned back in NJ and remodeled still look great and that makes me happy also that people are enjoying what I did to this day

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wish .I have to design my sisters new bathroom now .I measured the room and she wants to take out the spa tub and make the shower bigger and still have the bathroom feel bigger and work as they age .First was to install all swing free hinges which I did Saturday on all her doors .Great flea market find was the lever handles for her doors ,5 dollars a piece and he gave her 1 free .I sometimes wish I could be a wonder woman .I am still looking for a tub to put in my bathroom ,the spa tub takes up so much room .I am looking at an air jet tub but can't find anyone that really likes the ones I have seen here .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Got gettum @sissy :smuggrin:
1579624528798.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
first thing I saw .OH dear what a dirty mind I have .I have never depended on my hubby but he gives me the support and encouragement for every project I do .He is my you can do it man that knows I will figure it out and do it .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We had 7 girls, one boy (last born) in our family. I was second, my dad had me helping make trailers, dig a basement, work with tools. I was the kid that took toys apart to see how they worked. Didn't always get them back together right.................

With my first car purchase (I had gone to college, only had a bike and got hit by a car) my dad gave me some funds to help buy it. The car cost 3200 bucks. Then he paid for a basic car repair class. Back then you had points, dwell meters, timing light, distributor etc I had all the tools to fix my datsun station wagon.

This hubby and I have a rule, I can't watch what he does cause I make him nervous, but he welcomes suggestions!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I lived on a farm and worked on it and then graduated high school just before I turned 16 .Skipped 2 grades because I was so called to smart .I went to work and still worked on the farm and even bought my first house before I was 17 with no help and it was a fixer upper for sure .I fixed it and rented it for awhile and then sold it at a nice profit . Houses were dirt cheap back then or seemed to be and were a great tax right off .Meant hubby and he asked me to marry him first night we went out and then he had to go back to Germany where he was stationed and when he came back we got married .Lived in a apartment for awhile but loved and hated it for different reasons .

Ask a Question