sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I put my liner in by myself no once but twice and I found if I got under it it was easier to move only problem was finding my way out .Would have been great video for America's Funniest Home Video's .New neighbors dog destroyed my liner .Literally sliced it with his claws .My pond is full sun and I made my own shade sail .I have to get new pipe and end caps to drive the pipe in the ground again since I made the waterfall bigger I had to build over the old pipes .I have been waiting as there is a nursery here selling his business and he has what they call half green houses .Open on both ends and made of metal and figure I could but the shade sail fabric over it .I offered him a fair price ,I looked them up to see how much they cost .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds neat Sissy, a great find, hope you get them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think we have agreed on a price 199 dollars ,but since he has the place up for sale he has to check on it with the realtor .It will change his listing from 2 large greenhouses and 2 small green house to only 1 small greenhouse

Reaction score
No Handles,

This looks great! How often do you change your lava rock? Which 40 Watt UV sterilizer did you get? I've been wanting to get one my for my 5000 gallon pond as well.

Pretty pond!

Reaction score
The lave rock gets cleaned in the early spring Its like any filter you don't want to clean to much of the bacteria. The UV is a Pond master I don't like the small inlets but I will make some adaptors to take it out to 1 1/2 which will help get more water through. This weekend I had forgotten about Acurel Pond Clarifier it works very well for me over the years. It clear this morning so I just have to vacuum the bottom. Still have to move about 5000 lbs of rock and then spend the summer getting it just right the devils in the details.
When I left my last pond I took 40 Kio's out giving most away to a friend of mine with an ager pond. He told me to come over an pick out 4 nice lunkers to bring home so in a week or so I will bring them home. Some of the ones I gave hime 17 years ago are 30 to 36 inches long but I don't want any that big for this pond maybe 16 to 24 inches and all butterfly.
Looking forward to getting finished so I can relax for a while!

Ask a Question