Pond is now crystal clear

Reaction score
After 6 weeks my pond is now clear.I can see all the fish at the bottom of the pond.
On sunday I ran a shop vac to remove some clay that had accumulated on the steps and I probally removed about 25% of the water.I came home from work today and despite about 5 hours of light rain the pond is crystal clear.I am not sure if this because of the water change or maybe my doc filter finally kicked in.

PS3

Reaction score
my pond still has black water it went from green, then it turned black
from the stuff from the oak tree's. i have yet to turn on my uv light.
i have a bio filter like koiguys so i might do another water change
this week but congrats on your clear pond

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
good to hear six weeks shouod be plenty of time to cycle a pea soup situation into clarity
PS3...A bio filter isnt gonna remove tannins...activated carbon will help so will water changes but as long as the debris in the pond and continues to fall releasing tannins its a slow battle.

PS3

Reaction score
the stuff from the trees stoped falling this happens every spring after a few weeks.the water does get clear i guess i will do a water change and put the uv light on it

Reaction score
You need to throw a net over your pond at the times of year the oaks are dropping their seeds and crud, PS3. Don't just let that fall into the pond, as it will poison your fish and ruin your water.

PS3

Reaction score
yes i keep a net over the pond all year around, its like the net that u put the strapping in its on a pvc frame. i will do a small water change and vacume

Ask a Question