pond liner leak

Reaction score
I have a small (500 gal) pond with a liner. A few weeks ago it started leaking. Every time I filled it up it would leak down to the same level and stop. I've gone all the way around looking for a leak-nothing. I removed all the rocks, plants and the pump and looked around it again-still nothing. I tried to find the leak using milk, and even tried Cheerios, hoping they would gravitate to the leak-still nothing. I'm now frustrated and at a loss as what to do next. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks, Ron

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There are times the only way I can find a leak is to pull the liner edge back look for wet. It also helps if you can take a towel and wipe the back of the liner and look for a new wet spot, if you can pull it back

Reaction score
There are times the only way I can find a leak is to pull the liner edge back look for wet. It also helps if you can take a towel and wipe the back of the liner and look for a new wet spot, if you can pull it back

Thanks addy1. Never thought to look from the back side. I'll try that this weekend.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome!

Do you have a waterfall? Those are notorious for causing leaks.

How much would you estimate you are losing, and how long does it take?

Reaction score
Well, I finely got my leak fixed. After removing all my plants,rocks and gravel,skimmer,pump and fish and still can't find the leak I decided I may as well replace the whole liner since I've got it torn down this far. Did that last night; filled with water and lost no water overnight.

Now to put it all back together again.

Ron

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Darn well at least you have a new liner now

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Well, I finely got my leak fixed. After removing all my plants,rocks and gravel,skimmer,pump and fish and still can't find the leak I decided I may as well replace the whole liner since I've got it torn down this far. Did that last night; filled with water and lost no water overnight.

Now to put it all back together again.

Ron

I had to the same years ago Ron. Now, back to ponding for you! :)

Ask a Question