Pond Net

joesandy1822

Sandy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I bought a "pond net" at Lowes over the weekend. The net I'm talking about is like a swimming pool skimmer net. Its purpose is to get leaves and debris off the surface of the pond. I assume you could also use it to scoop junk off the bottom of the pond like leaves, etc. Problem is that even though it extends (telescopes), it is not long enough to reach for the size of my pond. It is also pretty whimpy (the pole). I know I could go to the swimming pool store and get one of theirs, but I already have a heavy duty, telescoping handle that is meant to be used with a paint roller to extend to the ceiling. If I could just find a net to screw onto the handle, I'd be set and wouldn't have to buy the pole again.

Does anybody know if there is such a net that I could buy that would screw onto my extension pole? Or do you pretty much have to buy the whole thing?

Thanks!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Most of the nets I have seen clip on via those tabs, you could modify it with a hole drilled in you paint pole stick a bolt through the hole in the net and paint pole, bolt it on.

I use a swimming pole and net, needed that strength they have. I have bent a few of the pond net set ups.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
mine has clips too and think you may just have to buy the whole thing .I buy mine end of season here and got the whole thing for 14 dollars and nets sold for 4 dollars a piece .But they do last as long as your careful .

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Don't know if it's the same brand as yours from LOWES, but I got mine from HOME DEPOT. It's a pretty good length, sturdy, and has held up. Got one from WALLY-WORLD, too, but it really is wimpy. What I wanted to do originally, was swap out nets with poles. Or get one with the net I liked, and buy the extension pole separate. But when I compared, found they weren't compatible (even same company). Go figure.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like the one they call a leaf net, it has like a scoop on the front edge, flat edge that nicely gets under everything and scoops it up.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
addy1 said:
I like the one they call a leaf net, it has like a scoop on the front edge, flat edge that nicely gets under everything and scoops it up.

Addy, do you have this one? Where can you buy it?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine looks like that I picked it up at a swimming pool supply store. Not bad price wise, can't recall actually. It does work great.

Ask a Question