Pond netting to indirectly help rid of tannins.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hello all! I have a ~500 gallon goldfish pond. Problem is, the water is extremely brown from tannins. This is from all of the helicopter seeds that fall in from the massive tree right next to it. Unforyunately, my current pond cover has holes much too large, and they fall right through. This causes a ton of tannins. Great for blackwater aquariums, not for my pond! Lol.

Does anyone have any links to a finer mesh pond cover? And, how much does it limit visibility? I would have done charcoal, but there's not really a place to put it unfortunately. Purigen would get eaten away too fast in my pond as well.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Nylon window screening?

The pet resistant nylon screening is really strong.
We use it on our windows and doors. Neither the cats nor the two big dogs can get through it. I think it's actually fiberglass.

One thing though... it's a bit darker when looking through it than regular screening, so I don't know if you'd be happy with it covering your pond. Maybe regular nylon screening would be better, but not as strong.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Proper circulation and skimming water strictly off the top works wonders

Ask a Question