pond on the way

Reaction score
stroppy said:
good for you oldhead im sure it wont be long before it looks as good as your last one !

gonna be more of a fomal style geared mostly toward the fish. and about half the size. it calculated out to 1000 gallons. I'll stll have my lilies and a short section for the canna lotus and lizzard tail. The smaller part is because my yard is no where near the size of my old one

Reaction score
stroppy said:
good for you oldhead im sure it wont be long before it looks as good as your last one !

gonna be more of a fomal style geared mostly toward the fish. and about half the size. it calculated out to 1000 gallons. I'll stll have my lilies and a short section for the canna lotus and lizzard tail. The smaller part is because my yard is no where near the size of my old one

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Oldhead said:
Well i washed out the drums after cutting the tops out. started with simple green 2 times then pressure washed then dish soap with scrub brush then pressure wash.

I would go one step further. Fill them to the brim and let them set overnight. Then PH test them before draining. Sometimes chemicals get leached into the seams and plastic itself, this will hpefully make them as safe to use as they can be.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Oldhead said:
Well i washed out the drums after cutting the tops out. started with simple green 2 times then pressure washed then dish soap with scrub brush then pressure wash.

I would go one step further. Fill them to the brim and let them set overnight. Then PH test them before draining. Sometimes chemicals get leached into the seams and plastic itself, this will hpefully make them as safe to use as they can be.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
You just want to make sure it is not over 8.0 since it had soap in it. If it is, either your water is high or there is soap left in it.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
You just want to make sure it is not over 8.0 since it had soap in it. If it is, either your water is high or there is soap left in it.

Reaction score
tested the water in the barrels when I got home. I had to buy another test kit because the ex threw out the other one. 35 bucks down the tube but to a good cause. well the ph in the new filter barrels and out of the tap read the same 7.6. so not too bad

Reaction score
tested the water in the barrels when I got home. I had to buy another test kit because the ex threw out the other one. 35 bucks down the tube but to a good cause. well the ph in the new filter barrels and out of the tap read the same 7.6. so not too bad

Ask a Question