Reaction score
barrels in place with left over fence I will use to hide them

100_0289.jpg

one higher then the other so I can come out of one and dump into the next

100_0290.jpg

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Make sure you have 2" dump valves in both drums. You will get muck in both that needs to be flushed.
Are those wood frames going to last long in contact with the soil?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Make sure you have 2" dump valves in both drums. You will get muck in both that needs to be flushed.

Reaction score
DrDave said:

Working on the drums now. putting valves on the bottom. learned from my other filters that when they are on the side it still leaves about 1" to 1 1/2" of muck in drum after the flush. I'm more than likely gonna put plastic under the wood. They are pressure treated and my ex house has ties along the driveway that are 10 years old and in very good shape

Reaction score
DrDave said:

Working on the drums now. putting valves on the bottom. learned from my other filters that when they are on the side it still leaves about 1" to 1 1/2" of muck in drum after the flush. I'm more than likely gonna put plastic under the wood. They are pressure treated and my ex house has ties along the driveway that are 10 years old and in very good shape

Reaction score
this is the idea i came up with to make the side of the drum flat. I cut the hole then cut 2 pieces of wood bigger then the drain. Held one up to the hole and traced it. Predrilled holes for screws in both pieces, then heated the drum with a small torch and screwed the blocks together over the hole. I let it sit until drum cooled. seamed to work pretty good.

100_0291.jpg

Reaction score
this is the idea i came up with to make the side of the drum flat. I cut the hole then cut 2 pieces of wood bigger then the drain. Held one up to the hole and traced it. Predrilled holes for screws in both pieces, then heated the drum with a small torch and screwed the blocks together over the hole. I let it sit until drum cooled. seamed to work pretty good.

100_0291.jpg

Reaction score
Well it was a hecktic day yesterday for me and the fish. I got the pond moved, something I will never do again. much easier and much more fun to build a new one. Almost lost a fish, one of my koi decided he didn't like the tub I had him in. Luckly he was spotted before he dried up too much. Seems to be doing ok. They all ate some food last night which surprised me. I figured they would just hide at the bottom for a few days. I didn't get pictures along the way but here is one this morning. I still have to trim the rest of the liner and landscape.

100_0292.jpg

Ask a Question