Pond Vacs

Reaction score
Would any here wish to recommend a pond Vacuume they have experience with. My pond is exposed to tree droppings that accumulate on the bottm. Also is there a filter that will remove floatig debris and not jam up pump ?

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have been very happy with my ‘Oase Pondovac 2’ pond vacuum. I have had it for 10 years.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And if you can't retro-fit a skimmer.... I have an Oase floating skimmer that works pretty well -- not as good as an installed one, but better than nothing at all. And there is another brand of floating skimmer, similar to the Oase. I didn't like it, but others on here used it and like it. It doesn't handle the heavy-duty stuff well [like all the crud trees can throw at you], but is great for the smaller stuff like pollen and small stuff the wind blows in. You can Google "in-pond skimmers." There was a thread just recently where a member talked about one they had that connected to a pump and either hung over the side of the pond or sat on a shelf. I don't recall the name, though.

I don't have a vac, but when I get one it's going to be the Oase Pondovac 4 [or whatever # they are up to, now].

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Wish they made a vac that would not suck up critters.......
Agreed!! But I've had trapdoor snails "go for a ride" through mine a few times. I just pluck them out of the bag and toss them back in the pond. Haven't killed anyone yet, luckily!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
The Oase Pondvac is really good. I don't use the bag but stick the vac hose into a 4 inch corrugated pipe and drain to a low spot in the yard where the water will sit for a while. Every 5 minutes or so i go pull any critters out that made the wild ride through the vac and put them back in the pond.

Reaction score
Hi, We produce pond vacuum cleaners for swimming ponds. You can check them out on www.vijverstofzuiger.be
They aren't fit for ponds with substrate on the bottom but maybe of some use to people who aren't satisfied by the pondovac by Oase.

rgds
Federico

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Depending on your needs I have been using my 20 year old Craftsman wet dry shop vac on my pond. It does everything from pickup dirt muck (mud) to take out water. I think you can find them for under $40 at Sears...

Ask a Question