Blanket weed and pond vacs

Reaction score
hi does anybody know anything about pond vacs which claim to suck up bw. how much of the stuff can they handle? the model ive been looking at is the pond monster, is it any good? please help. ryan

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
hi does anybody know anything about pond vacs which claim to suck up bw. how much of the stuff can they handle? the model ive been looking at is the pond monster, is it any good? please help. ryan

here is some info:

http://www.thepondoutlet.com/pondblog/?p=1199 with a video
We just got our 1st review from Josh H from Texas on the Pond Monsta pond vacuum. Enjoy.
“The Monsta Vac has got some Balls to it. It really moves the water, which is what I think the complaints from many pond vac people were saying they had with other vacs.
I would like to see a tighter mesh netting for the catch bin, currently the netting that’s being used will only catch large item like leaves, but can easily be resolved by implementing your own tighter knit netting which is what I did.
Also, an additional hose extension as an option for people like me with a fairly large pond.
I coupled a cleanout hose we have, so I was able to make it work, but I can see others having the same issue.
The concept of the Vac seems good, push the water, not to try to above ground vacuum (pull) the water.
And like I said, it has some balls to it, it really moves the water.
You had asked me before to write you to let you know how I liked it.”
http://garden-pond-filters.com/Bradshaws/brad_oasepondovac3.htm

a shop vac works well, if you pond is too deep, it works on my stream, but not in the big pond.

Ask a Question