Pond vacuum popularity.: How many members use one?

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
Tip.....if I switch mine off to empty the chamber when the end of the hose is at the bottom of the pond loads of crud escapes back into the pond from the length of pipes.....the answer to avoid this happening is to raise the pipe to a near horizontal position, then switch off with the end if the vacuum head just below the water surface.....so the more horizontal the pipe is when you actually switch off, the less the crappy water flows back into your pond.
The one I ordered is self draining.
It vacuums. Stops. Drains and starts vacuuming again

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Got one as a gift years ago, and I think I've used it twice. It has come in handy on certain occasions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
United Kingdom
Zeropilot, ahh yes, mine is the older version, these new fangled ones are better designed...like lots of new things!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I definitely would like one by Spring cleaning next year!
I have been using a regular shop vac, and it works great, but fills up way too quickly!
I'd like one with a discharge hose so I don't have to stop to empty the bucket

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
I definitely would like one by Spring cleaning next year!
I have been using a regular shop vac, and it works great, but fills up way too quickly!
I'd like one with a discharge hose so I don't have to stop to empty the bucket
Check Ebay for a good used one. Or contact another member here on this forum that has reported that they don't like to use theirs.................That'd be a win, win.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
That's a continuous suction model.
It doesn't stop to drain every 3 minutes or so like my cheap unit does.
Oase is a good brand. Same as mine. But that one is pricey.

Reaction score
Country
United States
In a post, I recently reported that in building my new 1,400 gallon pond and edging it with flat stones and mortar, that it had shortly after rained and carried some (a lot) of silt into the pond bottom.
I didn't want to agitate the water and get the silt suspended and use my water pump and filter to try to filter out the fine, abrasive particles, so I just purchased a pond vacuum. An OASE PondoVac 57347 to be exact. Lightly used on Ebay for about $130. It seems to be just what I need to remove the silt now and for vacuuming up any debris later on not captured by the skimmer or pond pump and filter, as well as algae later on.
I found one previous post and the member raved about the product.
What do others do to remove muck, etc?
The last several ponds I had used sponge filters and I simply removed and washed out sponges every few weeks. 3 of 5 at a time with my "old school" Becket X-5s.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I use Osae pond vacuum and I love it. Its the only way to get rid of some of the decayed biomass that accumulate at the bottom of the pond and between the rocks. I use it about four times a year for my 10X20 water garden in the Midwest.

Ask a Question