Pond Videos

Reaction score
I bought a new home in October and had to leave my pond behind. I miss it. I didn't get to post my proud pics of my first water lilly or the new fry this year.
I have almost 2 acres now and want to go big. I love your idea of the bio pond. I was trying to convince my husband that we need two ponds and this may just do it! :lol:

They came out and marked all my underground utilities today so hopefully we can get started this weekend or next week sometime. I'll be sure and take photos along the way!
Here's what I have to work with.

Attachments

• Yard2.jpg
    Yard2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 220
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I keep looking a all the videos and pics and the plans in my mind get bigger and bigger! I'm starting a bit late in the year so I think I will go with my original plan, waterfall and stream from between the two groups of trees into about a 30ft wide 4 ft deep pond. I was going to make it 30ft X 20ft and I think we decided to only go about 12ft so that we can see the fish better. I want a lush garden pond like my previous one,.however I do want it large enough to keep Koi. I miss my big guys they were like family.

Reaction score
Ooops,.too late to edit the last post,,...my previous pond family

Attachments

• 100_0336.jpg
    100_0336.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 229
  • bike ride 078.jpg
    bike ride 078.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 223
  • bike ride 079.jpg
    bike ride 079.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 237
Reaction score
No doc,...didn't have anywhere to keep them in my new home,..I gave them to a fellow ponder and have seen them,.they are doing well. I want to start digging sooooo bad,....it was 96 degrees on my deck about an hour ago,.....may have to put up some lights and dig overnight!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
With 1 helper, I dug my 2nd pond by hand in 8 hours. We had to go through concrete and rebar of a previous pond to get to the depth I wanted. It was in the 90's that day.

When we built my waterfall, that required 40 wheelbarrels of dirt and over 250 landscaping retaining wall bricks, it was 108 degrees every day for the 4 day build. I bought a 12' portable shade to help out.

You will get there if you are determined.

Reaction score
Wow,..I'm impressed. I'm also a whimpy girl who keeps her house at 70 degrees in the summer and works in a nice air conditioned hospital all day. But you are right,...I will toughen up and I want that pond!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Did I mention, I'm no spring chicken.

I must admit, that even though most digging around here requires a jack hammer, the spot I dug was doable with shovels and an occasional pick.

Reaction score
Give a man a shovel and get out of the way...way out of the way...

my head groundskeeper dug our pond with the help of
our two sons...All I wanted was a tiny pond to help enhance
the landscape and open up new avenues for more plants.
Well, he had other ideas...

when he was filling the pond, he went in it and called me outside...
when I went out, he was up to his neck in water, I said, "OMG Cliff
how deep did you make it!?!" ...

then he stood up, he was on his knees. :nananananana:

Reaction score
Joann,.you need to send your head grounds keeper my way!! The problem with my husband is that after working all day, the last thing he wants to do is pick up a shovel and go out in the 90 + degree weather,.....which of course is why I suggested we start this in April!

Ask a Question