sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not sure you would really want it malak they are over rated after a couple of months I noticed the sensor lense was getting cloudy .I guess it is just like those solar lights they never hold up .Surely not worth the money I paid for it .lol and don't really know if it ever worked to scared animals away ,just people ,I found deer at my pond enjoying a cooling shower on me 1 morning

Reaction score
Fishin, as I understand it, "black comets" are actually a cross between goldfish and koi. They are famous for being somewhat crazy.

I have four fancies in a tank, and the pearlscale is the most people-oriented fish I have seen. She is the poorest swimmer in the tank, but is always the first to the food. She watches me approach, watches my hand, and is in position while the others are dancing around the tank. They are getting smarter and have started following her at feeding time. This is the kind of fish that would be great at learning tricks, but would only flee a predator if the other fish went first. Being the slowest swimmer, that would be goodbye Pearls.

Usually what I called "pond type" goldfish are just called "pond goldfish." There is no other good term for them. Some people say "single tails," but wakin, watonai, and jikin all have double tails. Long bodied or normal bodied has never caught on.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
this one only lasted for 2 years so the money you spend has to be better than what I paid to make it worth while

Reaction score
Good idea, assuming it is smooth. If they etched the outside for zones and focusing then it would be hard to really get between the grooves. Hopefully the "lines" on on the inner layer.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not just that it is cloudy the plastic is brittle and has a couple of line cracks in it also .The same thing happened to 2 of my big motion sensor lights .the lenses cracked

Reaction score
Malak, We do have a scarecrow...it is in the basement also. Not only did I step into it to many times, but it got cloudy, the battery did not last long as it would get set off just by the cattails or small birds coming to the pond...and we still got the heron, it just got use to it and knew where to go to not set it off and moving everyday was a pain. We also have tried shinny objects in the pond around the pond, the Alligator decoy...nothing works but the nets for me.

shakaho, my goldfish long and short tail will come to anyone, even groups of people that stands in the feeding spot, by the pond just as quickly as the koi will. And there is the problem, that is the side the heron normaly will walk to.

Had off yesterday and spotted him back (alone) in the morning

heronmay11.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
uh oh date snubbed him even after that great date geeze poor guy no one to love or was it one of those dates hit and run lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wonder if flamingo's do the same thing as herons .I have never seen a heron before .We get buzzards or wild turkey here both ugly as chit lol

Ask a Question