pond -zyme with barly

Reaction score
does anyone use this? i was at the pet store today looking for a solution to get rid of a bit of sludge at the bottom of the pond and the guy re3commended this. it seems that this is beneficial bacteria?? which i could use either way.

My water is crystal clear at the moment and i dont want to screw it up

this thing says it can get rid of sludge??

Attachments

• 20130322_153347.jpg
    20130322_153347.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 246
Reaction score
Well it say it has Barley, so it must be good. ;)

Seriously, you already have beneficial bacteria in your pond, they are everywhere, if there is any live bacteria in that container they won't amount to a hill of bean compared to what you already have in your pond. My opinion,,,,, save your money. Those kinds of products are aimed at people who have ponds and really don't understand what's going on in their ponds, and they sell lots of those products despite the fact that they don't really do anything. In the world of medicine they call things like that placebos. If the pond clears a bit sometime after using it the consumer will often attribute it to the product they used and the'll buy more, if it doesn't work they'll often try another similar placebo product and try it, and so on, and so on...

If you want to get rid of sludge in the bottom of your pond buy or make some sort of pond vac, or use a muck net, and do frequent water changes. That will really work.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used to use it but now just go simple and cut out the middle man and use peroxide .I soak my filters in it and my lava rock and my quilt batting .Much cheaper .

Ask a Question