Pondmaster VS Laguna pump???

Reaction score
I have been doing my research and I'm starting to dig :banana: my pond. One thing that seems scarce is "reviews" on different pumps. We should probably start a sticky thread that just states pond size,pump and small pump review. Along with any other pump experiences good and bad.

So I was wondering if anyone had any input on either of these pumps.

I'm looking at either the:
Pondmaster PM 18 1800 gph Mag-Drive pump

or

Laguna Max-flo 1500 or 2000 Pump

I like that the pondmaster is a mag-drive with less moving parts and runs 145w.
On the Laguna I like that it's only running 100w and has the cage around it to stop larger debris. The pondmaster only has a sponge. The prices are very similar and both have a 3yr warranty.

My pond is looking to be around 1300 gallons (10x7 and 2.5 avg depth) and I will be building my own filter. I plan on divirting the pumps water to the filter and to a UV.

Anyways thanks in advance for any input....I'm gonna go grab my shovel :banghead3:

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I am more than happy with my LAGUNA MAX FLO 4200.
It will get the solids to the filter

Reaction score
I have a pondmaster. Mine has a square filter and then a 1" hose to pump. I have to clean it out alot but I've had it for 2 yrs now. I like it.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
To get the most out of the pump, Cut the outlet of the pump back to the largest pipe size, and keep the hose the same to the filter. When you get the pump you will know what i mean

Ask a Question