water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
koisRus said:
digginponds, I use this http://www.chaneyinstruments.com/product/Deluxe-Wireless-Pool-and-Spa-Thermometer--Model-00617.html for my water temps. I just got this brand for Christmas, but so far I REALLY LIKE it. If you are interested you can check out ebay. http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...-rite+wireless+pool&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Glad it is working good for you koisrus mine still has yet to lose signal. Pond had been down to 31. The gauge is frozen in the ice though!

Reaction score
addy1 said:
Glad it is working good for you koisrus mine still has yet to lose signal. Pond had been down to 31. The gauge is frozen in the ice though!

Thanks addy, if it wasn't for you buying and testing this model first, I would not have gotten it. I would never had thought that one brand would work so much better than another one. Thanks again!!

Reaction score
I'll dig my lead out have a photo on my blackberry of the pond with some snow and ice plagueing it , im without a doubt building a cover for mine before next winter have a old tent that will do just the job!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I am in the process of writing a complaint to the distributor. Sending one to the manufacturer didn't even get a response. Vio Products suck big time.
Maybe Phoenix Trading Co. will stop selling their junk now.

Reaction score
DrDave said:
I am in the process of writing a complaint to the distributor. Sending one to the manufacturer didn't even get a response. Vio Products suck big time.
Maybe Phoenix Trading Co. will stop selling their junk now.

I like the Acu-rite one so much better, but this time I will wait a month or so before I recommend you get one!! LOL!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
koisRus said:
Thanks addy, if it wasn't for you buying and testing this model first, I would not have gotten it. I would never had thought that one brand would work so much better than another one. Thanks again!!

You are welcome, I have been very happy with it. Pond a warm...........31 lol

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I enjoy looking at every ones winter pond pics
When winter comes here i am going to take a pic of mine
Its gotten cold but no ice

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
koisRus said:
I like the Acu-rite one so much better, but this time I will wait a month or so before I recommend you get one!! LOL!

koiRus
I just got a reply from the distributor that handled the EBay purchase of the POS wireless thermometer that doesn't work well.

Even though I waited 60 days and they have a 30 day policy for returns, they were so moved by my memo (which did not ask for any refund) that they credited my Pay Pal account for the entire purchase including shipping.

I was mainly trying to get them to drop that manufacturer, I'm sure they are considering it now.

So I got my money back, still have the device, and they now have an advocate of good will.

I like win win situations. I can use the POS wireless in my nursery where the tanks are a foot away from where I will have the receiver. It should work there, if not, E waste...

Dave

Reaction score
Here's a few of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0707.jpg
    IMG_0707.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0706.jpg
    IMG_0706.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_0732.jpg
    IMG_0732.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 311

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hinezy, I love the effects of that light under the waterfall. It makes for a really cool photo :cool:

Reaction score
j.w said:
Hinezy, I love the effects of that light under the waterfall. It makes for a really cool photo :cool:

Thanks, unfortunately I had to shut the pond down. The ice got so thick the water wasn't able to get in the skimmer! Every year I think, maybe this year I can keep it going the whole year, and then the inevitable happens! Ha, Ha, maybe next year!

Ask a Question