Post your winter ponds pics

Reaction score
DrDave said:
koiRus
I just got a reply from the distributor that handled the EBay purchase of the POS wireless thermometer that doesn't work well.

Even though I waited 60 days and they have a 30 day policy for returns, they were so moved by my memo (which did not ask for any refund) that they credited my Pay Pal account for the entire purchase including shipping.

I was mainly trying to get them to drop that manufacturer, I'm sure they are considering it now.

So I got my money back, still have the device, and they now have an advocate of good will.

I like win win situations. I can use the POS wireless in my nursery where the tanks are a foot away from where I will have the receiver. It should work there, if not, E waste...

Dave

That's Awsome!! I never really heard of anyone giving a full refund and letting you keep the goods. I'm glad to hear that it worked out for you.

Reaction score
Here is a nighttime shot of mine before any snow, at the time the photo was taken there was a 100 watt flood lamp outside of the pond under the dome, it has since been removed, the green underwater pond light is still giving me the same effect, just not quit as brite.

Attachments

• Bio Sphere at Night.JPG
    Bio Sphere at Night.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 297
Reaction score
A little melting going on here on mar's LOL looking a little more like spring but it will not last long still have 4 more months of this..:cool::yikesu::yikesu:

Attachments

• IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_1459.jpg
    IMG_1459.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 329

JoaniePA

Joanie
Reaction score
My pond has a net sitting just under the surface, so the edges slushed up quickly and froze. The birds are used to drinking here all summer at the falls, so now they just walk the ice until they find the water to drink. The fox enter on the left side of the pond every night for a drink. The leaves sitting on top will be scooped off as soon as it melts a little more and I know where the pond edges are... (so I don't fall in!) I cut back everything but the lily this year. Just lazy I guess.
View attachment 4379

View attachment 4380

View attachment 4381

Attachments

• PC310080.jpg
    PC310080.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 270
  • PC310082.jpg
    PC310082.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 258
  • PC310086.jpg
    PC310086.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 251

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
koisRus said:
digginponds, I use this http://www.chaneyinstruments.com/product/Deluxe-Wireless-Pool-and-Spa-Thermometer--Model-00617.html for my water temps. I just got this brand for Christmas, but so far I REALLY LIKE it. If you are interested you can check out ebay. http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...-rite+wireless+pool&_sacat=See-All-Categories

WELCOME tonymarico, what is hummlestown near?
thanks for the link.

These pics are are a HUGE difference between the eary ones I posted huh?
Because we went from average 25 degree'sF ,to a heat wave of 53 today,and between rain and adnormal temps,both of my ponds have thawed out haha. The smaller pond[400 gallon] is my aquatic filter system,which has no fish in it.

Attachments

• christmas2010 052.jpg
    christmas2010 052.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 272
  • christmas2010 054.jpg
    christmas2010 054.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 283

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
koisRus said:
Thanks addy, if it wasn't for you buying and testing this model first, I would not have gotten it. I would never had thought that one brand would work so much better than another one. Thanks again!!

I almost ordered this one through Ebay today. Then I read the reviews on Klockit who is the distributer. Some waited up to 3 weeks for their order and their Customer Service doesn't help much. One person described them as "cryptic". Then the 3 day return policy worries me. If it takes up to 3 weeks to get an order, how do you prove you had it less than 3 days to a CS that is non responsive?

Was Klockit the distributor when you guys bought yours? I'm not questioning the product, only the service after the sale.

There are other distributors, I just found Klockit to be the one for this product on Ebay.

Reaction score
DrDave said:
I almost ordered this one through Ebay today. Then I read the reviews on Klockit who is the distributer. Some waited up to 3 weeks for their order and their Customer Service doesn't help much. One person described them as "cryptic". Then the 3 day return policy worries me. If it takes up to 3 weeks to get an order, how do you prove you had it less than 3 days to a CS that is non responsive?

Was Klockit the distributor when you guys bought yours? I'm not questioning the product, only the service after the sale.

There are other distributors, I just found Klockit to be the one for this product on Ebay.

I bought mine from this guy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ACU-RITE-00617-...870?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f718c436, mainly because his feedback score was 200 not 16,000. I did ask about his no return policy if the item was received damaged, his reply was:

Hello, Item is brand new in original package.
I'll have no problem replacing Item if it is a defect from factory. You will have to pay for the return postage.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I emailed the manufacturer to see if anyone in SD county stocks these. Due to the holiday, it may be next year before I find out. If I can find one locally, I will get it here, if not, then ebay may be the only other way.

Reaction score
DrDave said:
I emailed the manufacturer to see if anyone in SD county stocks these. Due to the holiday, it may be next year before I find out. If I can find one locally, I will get it here, if not, then ebay may be the only other way.

Their website says Home Depot, however neither my HD or Lowes had this thing in stock, they had other Acu-rite items, just not this, maybe yours does?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
koisRus said:
Their website says Home Depot, however neither my HD or Lowes had this thing in stock, they had other Acu-rite items, just not this, maybe yours does?

Nope, I tried all the links that had stores in my area. None had this item.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Fish coming out from under the ice. Things are warming up here soon but of course I want more snow
snow-1.gif

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The reason we enjoy the snow here is prolly cuz we don't get pounded by it like you guys do.
It's something that only sticks around for a few days and then it's gone.
We lived in Michigan for a couple years and it was sooooooo cold that when we tried to take a walk out in the beautiful snow we lasted about 2 mins and were ready to move back to Washington immediately
weather18.gif

Ask a Question