Post your yard and pond visitors

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
_1040402 fancy meeting you here small.jpg

Western Gray Squirrel(s) come over to rob our feeders, but they're so much fun to watch.

Note, this is one squirrel, Photoshopped from several pictures taken from the kitchen window.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Awesome. I just had one sitting in the tree above the pond two mornings ago. I did not see him until I opened the door and it flew, it was still dark out.
Beautiful silent assassin. They’re native to the eastern US but have spread west. I have seen this one fly without making a sound. Wonderfully spooky!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
His ears are amazing, but look at the intensity in his eyes! Our rabbits all look fat and rather sleepy by comparison!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
Jack rabbits here need all the awareness they can get! We have a lot of predators, dogs, cats, bobcats, coyotes, eagles, hawks, owls, and, of course, gardeners! Our German shorthair really wants one, although he'd settle for a cat or squirrel!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Jack rabbits here need all the awareness they can get! We have a lot of predators, dogs, cats, bobcats, coyotes, eagles, hawks, owls, and, of course, gardeners! Our German shorthair really wants one, although he'd settle for a cat or squirrel!
The have now discovered Hares with the myxomatosis virus in Europe, I cannot even imagine the consequences for the Hare population if it spreads, as their numbers have already dwindled enough in a lot of areas. Myxomatosis killed millions of rabbits over the years, I came across some infected rabbits years ago, and it a horrible way for any animal to suffer. I don't think anyone considered the long term affects when it was spread intentionally in some countries. It is sad that hares may now have to deal with it also.

Ask a Question