addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love all those blues! We have tons of cardinals here year round. The blue birds are only around in the summer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This Red Tail was at the back yard yesterday and is he ever welcome as we had a neighbor move in with ducks and chickens. Unfortunately there's one other animal or two that always follows and his welcomed guest was having one for lunch.
Redtail Hawk with lunch-1.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
We have mountain chickadees here, but they're spotty. Some years we have lots of them and the last couple they've been very rare. They're a real favorite of mine as well, cheery, bold and given to grab it and go feeding tactics, which can make getting photos challenging! Often, when filling one of the feeders, several will be on my hand or next to it. I miss them, as I've only seen 4 or 5 so far this year.

_1040469 mountain chickadee on stump.jpg

I kind of "cheat" to get photos, I have several stumps and dead small trees on stands that I can place in front of the kitchen window as "posing" benches. They have hidden feeders to attract the birds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
Nuthatches are another of our real favorite visitors. They seem to be the ultimate "snatch and grab" critters. At the feeders, the appear, grab, and are gone so fast it's really tough to get good photos of them!

White breasted nuthatch
6794 white-breasted nuthatch.jpg

Red breasted at our little stream

red-breasted nuthatch7673sm.jpg

This year, from late spring until early autumn, we had so much smoke from wildfires, that we did very little photography and seldom went outside, so I don't have many shots from this year.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nice pic of my very favorite woodpecker! :)

Ask a Question