Post your yard and pond visitors

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
TRIGGER WARNING: at least one goldfish was consumed in the making of this post! Maybe a bullfrog as well.

Little Owl came hunting at the pond this morning. She watched and watched and finally saw her chance: and plunged into the water. And she scored and took it up to her favorite branch. I think we have one less bullfrog now.

Then while I was uploading camera pics she came back to snatch a goldfish from the lotus tub :oops: So I only had my phone available to capture it, but SUSHI WAS CONSUMED.
She took that one to her branch as well and seemed content enough to go to bed after all of that.

P1120216.JPG

Attachments

• P1120349.jpg
    P1120349.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 10
  • P1120410.jpg
    P1120410.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 11

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
If I had to guess, I'd say this owl is hunting in broad daylight because there are hungry mouths to feed 🤞🤞 It has been here at dawn and dusk each day for almost a week now 🤗
This time it sat on the lily washpan on the shelf and thought it could snag a fish, but nope.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BbwQiQ2oFND6g5xL7
Earlier I got a bit of some crows harassing it and it looked at me as if I should lend a hand. 🤷‍♀️
P1120672_exported_1568.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Owl season continues here. Early this morning this one opted to hop around the yard for snacks. I find those white pantaloons just irresistible. https://photos.app.goo.gl/2aiM5nsqAwjFUbQYA

Then it jumped up on the fence behind the bog and listened to the other birds waking up. Including a hawk. https://photos.app.goo.gl/C5rfVF12TZppESM97

The photo (may be my new favorite) is of when it jumped in the pond hoping for a goldfish to drive by :cool:
P1120709.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Owl season continues here. Early this morning this one opted to hop around the yard for snacks. I find those white pantaloons just irresistible. https://photos.app.goo.gl/2aiM5nsqAwjFUbQYA

Then it jumped up on the fence behind the bog and listened to the other birds waking up. Including a hawk. https://photos.app.goo.gl/C5rfVF12TZppESM97

The photo (may be my new favorite) is of when it jumped in the pond hoping for a goldfish to drive by :cool:
View attachment 162397
Good luck :smuggrin:
fish car.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Owl did a 1 AM drop-in at the pond right in front of the blink cam :)

then again at dawn...
P1130071.jpg
Owl season is in full swing! At one point TWO owls were in the yard at once - too far apart to get a shot though but believe it or not, here they both are. Maybe you can tell a difference, but I can't. Doesn't matter, I love them both :love: :love:
P1130165.jpg
P1130156.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States

then again at dawn...
View attachment 162437Owl season is in full swing! At one point TWO owls were in the yard at once - too far apart to get a shot though but believe it or not, here they both are. Maybe you can tell a difference, but I can't. Doesn't matter, I love them both :love: :love: View attachment 162439View attachment 162438
Must have wanted a midnight snack.................sorry no luck Chuck :watching:
bird26.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

then again at dawn...
View attachment 162437Owl season is in full swing! At one point TWO owls were in the yard at once - too far apart to get a shot though but believe it or not, here they both are. Maybe you can tell a difference, but I can't. Doesn't matter, I love them both :love: :love: View attachment 162439View attachment 162438
That would so make my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! having daily owl sightings, i could watch them all night.......

Ask a Question