preformed ponds need help!!!!!

Reaction score
roryf said:
im about to start planning a pond soon and iwant it about 5 foot deep, 15 feet lond and 5 feet wide. As it is my first time and my mum does not want me to dig the whole garden up, she wants me to use a preformed base. but i have searched and searched but i can not find any the size i want it......

I then seached on forums to see if anybody else has this problem but everyone uses liners.

Just wondering if anybody knew a place where i could find a preformed pond that size preferably rectangular.

Please dont try to convince me to use liner as my family will not have it. plus when i get older and move out i can take a preformed pond with me.

Hope somebody can help. Many thanks

Hi

Visit this website http://www.russetts.co.uk/
They have years of experience in water storage systems such as prefabricated ponds - nothing is impossible!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
preformed units that big are usually made from fiberglass and cost serious bucks. if you are handy with concrete and mortar, a concrete block pond with a liner is easy to build. build a concrete footer to mount the blocks and reinforce with rebar. the bottom will be soil, and the liner drapes over the sides. use an underlayment to protect the liner from the concrete. ours is roughly 21 by 9 by 3 1/2 feet deep, and the most strenuous part was digging the hole. in US dollars, the walls cost about $250 and the liner and underlayment was a little more. lots of flexibility with concrete block.

Ask a Question