Proto - type final polishing filter

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
My filters are big enough ,but I still get debris returning to the pond ,I think primarilary from the 250 gal . bio tank,I did The Sand filter first mainly access ,and after blowing sand filter for 2 mins. and rinsing for four I still get a lot of stuff going to the pond when I switch back, So in attempt to eliminate all debris return .I built this unit on the sand filter , 9"x8"x12" slipped over the pond exit pipe tight ,consists of 5 graduated slots 3/4" to allow insert filter plates up to 3/4" thick 9x12 ,,The one shown has presently 5 9x12 perferated continous staggered 1/8" holes stainless steel in ea. stage #1 additionally Stainless com filterscreen {close to window screen size mesh} 2nd thru 5 th has 30 mesh pp comm filer screen ,fifth is 45 degree angle slant to exit , then capped w/ perferated ss plate to act as over flow protection in case of filter plugging ,by pass if you will ,after today I should have a better idea if any changes are needed in bio tank It's been a couple hrs now and water level has not risen ,indicating at least on the sand filter everything is open and flowing good thru all 5 filters.Check out the pix ,see what you think !

Attachments

• finial filter 003.JPG
    finial filter 003.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 318
  • finial filter 004.JPG
    finial filter 004.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 310
  • finial filter 005.JPG
    finial filter 005.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 315
  • finial filter 006.JPG
    finial filter 006.JPG