pump/filter question

Reaction score
I have a Aquamax presurised filter. My elderly neighbours have asked if there was anyway I could stop the water running during the night as it disturbs their sleep.

Temporarily I have extended the return flow pipe so that it is submerged. My question is, does this affect the oxygenation of the water....?

Thanks,

Minder

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
Your kidding right. Im guessing the frogs don't bother them(meaning your neighbors). And if your return was splashing the water and is now submerged yes it will have an effect on the oxygen. Not sure how much. My return is submerged and I have air bubbles rising from the plumbing and have no problems.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yes it will affect the oxygen in the water, maybe you could get an air bubbler to offset the water that would be splashing into the pond and creating the oxygen.

Koidaddy does have a good question about the frogs, if you don't have them yet you probably will and they will be much louder than the water.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Go to the shelter and borrow the loudest barking dog you can find. Then when they b&^%$ about the dog ask them, which one you want to listen to, my pond or the dog. Seriously if you don't have frogs yet they will wish they only had to listen to water, My neighbor was talking about the frogs in my backyard last night. He swears I must have 10,000! LOL I thnk it more like a couple of hundred, But they are still loud when they get cranked up! I don't gripe about his racing bike and he doesn't gripe about my pond. I'm so glad I don't have a Cheese and Whine neighbors!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are a hundred plus feet from neighbors and the frogs in the woods make a lot more noise then the frogs in my pond. I love being rural!

Reaction score
You could make a small venturi right before it enters the water. This will keep oxygenation up and the fish love swimming in it. Also great for keeping algae down.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
since your off a pressure filter a venturi will work nicely for aeration, the stronger the pump the better the venturi will work.
http://www.gardenpon...enturi-t-style/
just make sure the small tube for the venturi's air inlet is and stays above water..........
attention staff....this venturi build should be pinned...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
since your off a pressure filter a venturi will work nicely for aeration, the stronger the pump the better the venturi will work.
http://www.gardenpon...enturi-t-style/
just make sure the small tube for the venturi's air inlet is and stays above water..........
attention staff....this venturi build should be pinned...

It would be nice if they would pin some of the real informative posts................ We could give them a heads up that a post should be pinned and then of course, they would need to make the decision. Sure would help with finding the old post that you know you read......lol

Ask a Question