Pump shut off switch

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
What I am looking for is a shut off switch for my pump that will activate if the pond water level gets too low. I have an external pump, skimmer and soon to be bottom drain (like koidaddy installed on his, not through the liner). I see this working like a float switch that activates when the water gets too low, this will keep the pump from draining the pond if there is a problem sort of like the opposite of how a sump pump switch works. I have never had this problem in six years but b/c I only use a skimmer currently if the water were to fall below the skimmer inlet the pump would just suck air and eventually trip it's internal overheat switch. I tend to be overly cautious when it comes to my fish and pond, I am calling it my insurance policy.

I am looking at installing the BD b/c I draw sooooo much water volume through my skimmer that I am tired of having to clean it out every day and I am pulling about 6000-6500 gph through it which is really too much.

Thanks guys and gals....

Ask a Question