Pump size for small pond/bog filter/waterfall (is it doable?)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
the hole in the pipe a inch bellow the gravel or a vacuum breaker youll find them anywhere they sell washer machine hoses

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a/sunset zone 23
Country
United States
the hole in the pipe a inch bellow the gravel or a vacuum breaker youll find them anywhere they sell washer machine hoses
ah - not having personally set up pond plumbing that goes up and over the top and then down into the bog, I hadn't put two and two together that that was to prevent a siphon effect.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi CometKeith. We were talking about possibly building a bigger pond (EPDM liner, we could fit something like 10x10ft or so) in the future, but not this year. Then we got the small preformed liner at garage sale one week ago, so we decided to make a smaller hole before we decide whether we want to go bigger and deeper.
I have four freestanding 35 gal maccourts ponds for my water lilies (my 6th season of water gardening), I overwinter them in garage and my goldfish overwinter in sunroom in one of the 35 gal ponds.
Hi Sugar. That sounds good. It kinda sounds like you are hooked already on ponding and might be building a larger one in the near future. So I went from 150 gallons my first year to over 3000 gallons 10 years later! Actually the larger the body and of water the easier it is to care and maintain it and obviously the more fish it can properly hold! If you want to see my original pond and what I have now you can check my pond thread. https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/my-goldfish-pond.6742/

Ask a Question